Sunday, January 16, 2011

FInd My iPod - FTW!

I got an iPod Touch for Christmas. Whereas my previous iPod classic was a great portable audio devbice- I used it for music and audio-books, my iPod Touch is earning a place in many areas of my life. I log what I eat eaxh day with My Net Diary, stay organized with Remember the Milk, and am exposed to new music with Pandora Internet Radio. I can even find TV shows and use my iPod to change the channel with the X-Finity app. I know I've barely scratched the surface of available apps- my son's girlfriend tells me there is even an app to help you find free apps!

While there are many free apps available for the iPod Touch, my favorite function is built right into the device- all you need to do is set it up. Find My iPod allows you to track the iPod with a GPS chip. If you misplace it, you can search for it online, and have it's location displayed on a map. If the map shows its nearby (ie in the house, rather than the restaurant you were in last night), you can remotely send it a signal to make a sound- which will sound even if you had set it to silent. If it is at the restaurant, you can also have it make a sound-- AND display a message like "Please call my owner at 516-766-7282). How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment